Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Be Thankful for God’s Love


I walked out the door this morning, and it felt good to get a nice, big breath of fresh air. When I looked around and saw all the beautiful things that said spring is coming, it was just another reminder of how great God is. I went walking around, and I saw trees budding, flowers blooming, everything turning green and looking alive. I am very grateful that God gave me such a beautiful world to live in.

When I try to think of all the effort that it would take to make the earth, it helps me realize how much he loves me. In Genesis 2:2 it says that God needed to rest because of the work that he did. In Psalms 145:9 it says that his actions show how much he cares. If he is willing to do all that for me, then I think that I should be willing to follow him, because without him I am nothing.

I love my baby sister Emma. When she looks at me I can’t help but love her. God loves me more than I can love her. That’s a lot of love given to one person. In John 3:16 it says that God loves us so much that he gave his own son. I don’t know many people, if any, who would give their son so a lot of people could be saved, but the majority won’t even take notice of it. If God is willing to make that big of sacrifice, then I should be able to make sacrifices in order to follow him.

In Alma 37:37 it says to thank the Lord in all things. I am not very good at that. I should make time in the day to thank God for big and small things. One thing that I am thankful for is that God loves me.

By Jared Willis – 14 years old

2 comments:

  1. Jared- I loved this! Such a good reminder to look for the beautiful blessings that Heavenly Father has given us. Sometimes I get stuck thinking my life is rough. But man, there is so much good in it! Keep up these uplifting post! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to know that God loves us.

    ReplyDelete