Friday, April 6, 2012

Quilting, Part One


I have been working on developing my talents. One of which is sewing. I have done bits and pieces since I was little because my mom and oldest sister, Jaylee, like to sew. I think I have improved a lot. When I used to serge cloth I would cut off half of my “square”.
My sister Rachel has really got into sewing lately. I decided that I wanted to make a blanket too. On Sunday afternoon I picked out some cloth my mom had and then came up with a pattern. I started to cut it out and sew it together. After I got it all sewed together, I tied it. I took it off the quilting frame and pinned the edges so I could bind it. It’s all done. I think it is pretty good for my second blanket.
This winter around Christmas I made my first blanket, which was a patchwork quilt. I just used some scrap material to make it. I used stretchy cloth for the back, but it doesn’t work very well when you are trying to bind it. It turned out pretty good.
These are my first two blankets worth keeping.

By Jared Willis Age 14

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those really are some awesome looking blankets. Way talented!!!

    ReplyDelete