Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Work


I enjoy working. Without working hard you can’t get anywhere in life. I get to milk dairy cows as my job. When we milk the cows, there’s more than just milking. You need to feed the cows and the 0-3 month old calves. There are a lot of other things too, but we won't go into detail. 


Cows have a will of their own, and sometimes they get on my nerves. I’m trying to work on my patience. This job is one that I prefer over a lot of others. In the summer time I move sprinkler pipes, and help some neighbors with yard work. 


My dad has taught me since I was little that slacking doesn’t work. If we don’t do a good job on the work that he has given us, then he will give us an extra job in addition of our old job. As you can imagine, people start doing their job right the first time. 


My favorite part of my job is finishing. It makes me feel good when I can look and see that everything is complete and done right. I think that is what motivates me to work. 


In Proverbs 6:6 it tells the lazy people to follow the example of ant. We need to work hard. When we work hard, we will get rewards. An attribute of ants is that they work together. They are small but together they can do a lot. That applies to us. It is a lot harder to do something on your own, then with help.

by Jared Willis - age 14

No comments:

Post a Comment