Friday, July 13, 2012

I Want to Repent

I was making Indian bracelets with my yarn. Then all of a sudden I didn’t feel too good.  I was thinking about repenting and how I wasn’t following God.  I went to Mom and said “I want to read the scriptures with you.”

I wanted to read Enos, so we read Enos 1:1.  “Behold, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man—for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord—and blessed be the name of my God for it”

I said, “I have a good Dad too, and he teaches me every morning for 30 minutes or an hour.”

Then I thought of a verse we used to say every morning at family devotional.  This is what it says: “Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;” D& C 93:1

I want to do every step that is in this verse before I die. It’s not very much stuff but most people don’t do these steps. 

I always see my Dad, mostly every day, read Denver Snuffer’s Blog.  I wanted to know about Denver.  So we got out The Second Comforter, and we read the first page.

There was this guy saying all these bad things about Mormons, and another guy said there wasn’t anything wrong with Mormons.  Denver gave him a compliment, and the guy thought Denver would want to be a Mormon.   He sent over the missionaries. Denver came to his missionary discussions all drunk, and he wasn’t really listening, but he sat there just to be polite. Then the missionaries thought he was really interested and came to his house a lot.  He went on a campout with some Mormons, and he went to a visitor center and wanted to buy the Doctrine and Covenants, but the lady said he could get it for free.

I’m going to start repenting, and my first goal is to be a peacemaker.  This is kind of hard because I have lots of brothers and sisters to fight with.  We had a prayer to ask Heavenly Father to help me.

by Jonathan age 8

No comments:

Post a Comment