Monday, July 16, 2012

My Framing Experience

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012, I was going on my bike ride, and I went to the church. On my home, I stopped at a new house being built, and I saw Dale working on it. I rode my bike over to the house and started talking with him. After a while, I went home.



Then I went and got my hammer and tool belt, had a drink of water, and went back. I started helping him frame the roof. I picked up blocks in the basement and handed him the nail gun, saw, staple gun, and anything else he asked for. It was fun watching him build a house. 


Dale teaches me neat things and sometimes is a tease. He even let me have some scrap plywood for my sheds. Dale is fun to work with. Then I went home. I’m planning to go back tomorrow.

Joshua – Age 10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua, How cool to have your own tool belt, My son Thomas (9) would like to know what tools do you have in it? Sounds like you had fun with Dale. Isn't it amazing just how much wood goes into making a house, I love the smell of wood.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Eva Gore and Family

    ReplyDelete