Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jonathan’s Mice

One day I was reading a mouse book. I wanted to make a mouse cage. I wired it together and then I put it in the detached garage.


I went and got a special mousetrap and put food in it. I put it in the barn for a mouse to come. I came back a day later and checked the mousetrap. There wasn’t a mouse in the trap the first day. I forgot about it and a couple days later Crystalynne and Joseph looked in the trap. I had one mouse. Dad tried to put it in the cage, but it got away. I felt bad.


Then I put the trap in the barn with food again. A day later there were two mice. We got one put in my cage and the other got away. I put the trap in the barn again, and two days later I caught four mice. We got two baby mice moved into my cage. The mommy mouse and a baby mouse got away. 


Then I put the trap in the barn again and a day later I got a big fat mouse. Dad got some gloves. It almost got away, but Dad caught it and put it in the cage. The next morning I fed all my mice in the cage.


The next morning I came to feed them, but all of them were gone. There was a hole in my cage. We looked in my big water bucket and there was a dead baby mouse in it. The baby mouse must have climbed up, fell in, and drowned. We threw it outside.

By Jonathan age 8

No comments:

Post a Comment