Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cutting Down Trees at the Old Paradise Church

On April 19, 2012 we went to the old Paradise white church, which they were tearing down. They said that we could take the pine trees that were too close to the church. And we had been praying that we would be able to have some pinewood so we could try to make wood furniture and have firewood, and that was an answer to our prayer.


It was a beautiful day in Paradise. It was cool to see the huge pine trees come down and see pinecones go everywhere. We had fun playing in the cut down pine trees. We pretended that bad guys were chasing us. I slipped a lot, so I got a lot of scrapes on my arms and legs because I was wearing capris and a short sleeved shirt. The cut down pine trees were like the forest. 

 
We also played tag in the trees. One family member was the person who chases and when the chaser tags a person then the person who got tagged is it. Sometimes I would hide in a clump of pine needles and then sneak out. 




We also needed to do work and load all the branches onto the trailer while my dad chain sawed the branches off the pine trees. We worked really hard and had fun.


While my dad and brother Jared went and unloaded the branches, we played in the branches of the pine tree that were still at the church. We pretended that we got shot and the king’s army captured us. Then we escaped because our teammates would come and save us. 

On May 15-25, 2012, we went to get the other trees that were in too close to the church that the track hoe had already pulled out. My mom, Joshua, and I went to the post office to mail some things off, and we saw the track hoe tearing out trees. My mom went and talked to the guy in charge, and he said that we could take the trees because they would have to haul them off to the dump if we didn’t take them. 




So the next day we went and chain sawed away. While my dad did that, Joshua and I went and sat on a stump and looked at the track hoe tearing part of the church to pieces. They can’t turn back now. I have seen the church in steps get destroyed up to one wall about the size of 10 by 15 feet with three windows. It is sad and exciting at the same time.

By April Willis age 11

No comments:

Post a Comment