Sunday, May 13, 2012

Skip the Reception. I ‘m Going Golfing!


Joshua has been full of life, adventure, and curiosity since the day he could move.  He was under the kitchen sink taking apart the pipes at 18 months. We never had childproof locks until he came along, but after we installed them, we found out that he could get into a childproof lock faster than many adults. 

He would climb anywhere and get into almost everything. To keep him out of some things, we put locks on closet doors.  When he was a toddler, we had to tie our kitchen chairs to the table so we could keep him closer to the ground.

Joshua has bright, sparkly, mischievous eyes, and we love him just they way he is.  He keeps us on our toes.  Sometimes we just have to laugh at what he comes up with.   

A few weeks ago, we went down to a wedding dinner for one of the cousins.  The dinner was at a golf club.  When we’re at a large family gathering, we keep a close eye on the little ones, but the older children usually go off and spend time with their cousins. We’re in a big family group, and they are surrounded with people they know. 

Unbeknownst to us, Joshua decided to leave the reception and check out the golf course.  He went down and noticed that the golf carts weren’t parked in an orderly way.  So, he organized the carts and repositioned them so they were neat and tidy.  He then found a friend who took him golfing.  Here’s what Joshua has to say about his adventure: 

I went upstairs to the reception with my family.  After being there for a while, I decided to check out what else was in the building.  My mom was coming upstairs with the baby while I was going downstairs.  She told me to come back upstairs, so I did.  

Later, I went back down the main stairs and checked out the kitchen.  I saw some other stairs and decided to see where they went.  They went down to the basement.  I opened all the doors that I saw, and one of the doors went to where most of the golf carts were parked.  I saw all their tools.  I played around for a while.  I didn’t mess anything up down there.

Then I went back up to the reception.  I played with my cousins and ate dinner.  Then I went back downstairs.  It was darker outside.  I went out the golf cart door, and organized all the messy golf carts.  Then I heard a door close, so I ran back up to the reception. I stayed up there for a while. While I was up there, I got a handful of candy to put in my pocket. 

Then I went back down to the main floor and went out the main entrance.  I went to where they play golf.  I saw a stream of water going out of a pipe.  I went and spent time with this guy on the golf course just talking to him and being his friend.  I asked him if I could hit a few balls.  He showed me how to hold the golf club.  It was kind of hard and confusing.  I couldn’t hit the ball very far, maybe only 50 feet.  Then I went back up to the reception and stayed there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment